Christian Wolmar Dolomites Ski Safari
Christian Wolmar, journalist, transport expert, cyclist and keen skier, is to lead a special, one off, Dolomites Ski Safari.
Christian first skied in the Dolomites in January 2014, when he experienced his first Ski Safari, which led to his article, ‘On a ski safari in the Dolomites‘ being published in The Times. Subsequently, Christian twice returned to ski the Dolomites, completing one more full Ski Safari and a mini-Ski Safari.
“The idea of a Ski Safari, staying on the mountain and skiing off the top of a different mountain every morning, has totally changed my idea of a ski holiday. It is more exciting and far more rewarding than the normal ski holiday” says Christian. “I suggested to Tim, the managing director at Inspired ITALY, that I might like to lead a Ski Safari and it’s happening!”
Christian will lead a group limited to nine guests, through the Dolomites on the Classic Ski Safari itinerary. He will be supported by Louise Anderton.
“It’s the sort of thing you dream of, becoming a ski guide”, said Christian.
The Christian Wolmar Dolomites Ski Safari is scheduled for week commencing Saturday 21st January 2017.
The nine guests will spend six days skiing with Christian, as he leads them through the vast Dolomites SuperSki area and shares with them his new found ski passion. Guests spend four nights and five days on the mountain with Christian staying in mountain ‘rifugi’ and journeying through the valleys of this wonderful UNESCO area. You will ski through two regions of Italy, three districts, three different language areas, German , Ladin and Italian.
Food plays an important part of the Dolomites Ski Safari and you’ll be sure to experince some memorable ski menus!
There will, of course, be tails of railways, and Christian will personally take you to the Cortina d’Ampezzo railway station, now a bus depot to explain the history of the railways in the Dolomites, both here and in the Val Gardena.
To join Christian on his Dolomoites Ski Safari, Email My@inspiredITALY.com or CALL +44 (0) 1 733 865 443.
New & Reviews
- 2018 Dolomites Ski Safari Schedule
- [VIDEO] My Best Ski Run, Ever
- LIVE from the Dolomites Highest Mountain
- GRAB A LAST MINUTE PLACE: 1 Available
- Dolomites Ski Safari 2017 Review
- Slopes Open Early in The Dolomites
- New Google Personal Safety App: Let Your Ski Pals Know Where You Are
- How to get to the Dolomites
- 8 Best Skiing Experiences for 2017
- UNCUT VIDEO REVIEWS
- Britain's Best Skier Recommends Skiing the Dolomites
- Will British Skiers Miss the Best Winter for Years?
- European Ski Trails
- Stuff you should know about the Dolomites 2017 Ski Season
- Utah vs Dolomites? Which is the best Ski Vacation? [ review ]
- Europe's Best Ski Vacation Destinations