New Rifugi for 2017
For 2017, we’ve introduced two new wonderful Rifugi on our Dolomites Ski Safari!
On your first stay on the mountain ( night three ), ski to the threshold of Rifugio Catinaccio, which sits at 1,950m ASL, amongst the pines and nestled under the wondrous ‘Rosen Garten’ mountain range, a towering border of the Val di Fassa. It is given the name ‘Rosen Garten’ because of the extraordinary sunrise colours that paint the morning peaks above the rifugio.
After your welcome and relaxing drink on arrival, slip into something more comfortable and try out the Finnish sauna and Turkish steam bath and just before dinner, join Sandro deep in the depths of his rifugio, for a tasting in his cellar – cheese, wine, oil and hams are all laid out before you.
The cuisine here is memorable, freshly prepared and served in a dinning room setting that is quite the most seductive you’ll come across, with tempting views of pistes and mountain peaks. Rifugio Catinaccio has a very different atmosphere, something to savour.
By contrast, on your second night on the mountain, the terrain is tree-less and shadowed by the might of the Queen of the Dolomites, Marmolada. On-piste, Rifugio Padon is a 7 min ski run from the bottom lift station.
The ‘stuffa’ (wood burning stove) is lit and giving off a warm glow, because here, you often need it. Rifugio Padon at 2,057m ASL, sits in the shoulder of the pass where winter winds reduce the temperatures to an average well below the norm.
Giorgio keeps a simple, traditional rifugio style kitchen. Here, after dinner, the grappa will flow for those that care to partake, and we will play CLAG, the Dolomites Ski Safari card game, as you sit in the dinning room decorated with mountain trophies.
CHECK DATES▶ FULL ITINERARY ▶ SKI SAFARI STATISTICS ▶ DOLOMITES WEATHER ▶ GUEST REVIEWS ▶ TEN GREAT REASONS... ▶ MEET OUR SAFARI SKI LEADERS ▶ VIDEOS: SAFARI SKI ▶
New & Reviews
- Dolomites Ski Safari Schedule: 2020
- The Greatest Ski Season Ever
- LAST MINUTE: Two Places available for the SPECIAL
- Graham Bell Chooses his Best Dolomites Ski Slope
- **DOWNLOAD** NEW 2018 Dolomites Ski Safari Brochure
- VIDEO: Dolomites Skiing - First Day of the Season
- [BBC] Soft Adventure in Italy
- [VIDEO] My Best Ski Run, Ever
- The Times: On a ski safari in the Dolomites
- LIVE from the Dolomites Highest Mountain
- Europe's Best Ski Vacation Destinations
- How to get to the Dolomites
- Dolomites Ski Safari 2017 Review
- New Google Personal Safety App: Let Your Ski Pals Know Where You Are
- 8 Best Skiing Experiences for 2017
- UNCUT VIDEO REVIEWS