Classic Dolomites Ski Safari
It's not a ski resort, ski town or village. It is many ski resorts, towns and villages
The Inspired ITALY Classic Dolomites Ski Safari is a unique, 7 Night/6 Day, on-piste ski tour with your own dedicated ski leader, skiing in the Dolomites from high-mountain refuge-to-refuge
AVAILABILITY UPDATED Sunday 8 April 08:00hrs
CALL TO BOOK for 2019…
UK 01733 865 443 | USA 1.646.657.2772
Six event packed Dolomites ski days where each morning begins on a newly prepared groomed slope & no one else on the mountain. This is a unique Dolomites skiing experience, travelling under ones own initiative, through mile upon mile of UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE scenery and staying in a different mountain refuge each evening.
The Very Best Skiing in the Dolomites!
Be first on the ski slope every morning; Never ski the same slope twice – unless you want to; Ski 200+ kilometers, 37,000+ Vertical Meters & 12+ Dolomite Mountains; Great Food; Wonderful Wine; Accompanied by your own English Ski Leader with over 8,000 Dolomites Ski miles experience; Maximum group size seven + Ski Leader; a ski tour for fit intermediate & better skiers.
You will experience everything expected from an Inspired ITALY ski holiday – great food, culture, breath taking scenery and the very best Dolomite mountain hospitality and comfort. Combine this with 1200km of connected skiing and guaranteed snow, this is a truly unforgettable ski in Italy experience.
For five days you carry your essentials in a small back pack giving greater freedom to get deeper into the Dolomites, staying in 4 different refuges, providing accommodation ranging from en suite, alpine luxury to traditional dormitory accommodation. Based in the Val Gardena in a family owned 4 star hotel, an Inspired ITALY Dolomites Ski Safari is an accessible, soft adventure for people who would like to explore skiing in Italy and the Dolomite Mountains from a different perspective.
Each group is a maximum 7 people per Ski Safari and includes 3 nights in a Four star base hotel, 4 nights half board in 4 different refuges, your dedicated English, Scottish & Australian Ski Leader, Dolomite Super Ski All Area 6 Day Ski Pass, 6 days ski equipment rental, a 20+5ltr Ski Back Pack to keep, as well as collection and return to Innsbruck Airport and local transfers and taxi’s during your stay.
The Dolomites Ski Safari Reviews…
★★★★★ “… Fantastic experience! Sleeping at the top of the mountain and early morning untracked corduroy or powder.”
Grant Milne, Feb ’17 [ Re-Booked for 2108 ]
★★★★★”… it is seriously the best ski trip we have done for a long time … possibly ever.”
Diane Farmer, Feb ’17 [ Re-Booked for 2108 ]
★★★★★” … thank you again for a great safari. It was just as good as I expected (and being second time around my expectations were high). Stay in touch!”
John Cowan, Jan ’17
★★★★★ “… we had all had an ABSOLUTE BALL and that you were the prime enabler of all our fun and adventure and all our happy memories. It seemed that there was a delight around every corner, a little church here, a delicious restaurant there, divine hot chocolate, quirky kennels, views to die for, pistes and taxi rides worthy of a Disney film, a breath taking ravine just thrown in for good measure, delightful refugios obviously picked for their charm, 007 snippets, tales of Bartelski derring do, late night putting the world to rights, and endless happy hours on the slopes. We all owe you a MASSIVE and heart felt thank you.”
Felicity Clark, March ’16
★★★★★ “10 out of 10 – a wonderful unique experience! Skiing perfectly groomed pistes at 0830 in a foot of fresh powder before anyone else! An adventure – not run-of-the-mill …”
Lizzie Norton, March ’16
★★★★★ “Honestly, it really was an utterly, utterly fab holiday and thank you SO much for organising it all. We could/would NEVER have experienced such a thing had it not been for you. I honestly NEVER want to ski anywhere else again and we would LOVE to do it again next year. I read in the Sunday Times today that ‘ski touring’ is the next big thing!”
Deborah Maby, Jan ’14 on The Dolomites Ski Safari
★★★★★ “These are not the kind of places you stumble upon by chance and perfectly illustrate the wisdom of tapping into local knowledge. Tim Hudson has spent the last six winters skiing the Dolomites clocking up more than 5,000 miles..”
Roger Fulton, Editor, SNOW MAGAZINE, MARCH ’13 on a Dolomites Ski Safari Day
★★★★★ “This was a fantastic ski holiday! The breath-taking scenery combined with being first on a different slope each morning was only part of the reason I have taken part in two Safari’s. The Inspired Italy team have fantastic guides finding the “best “ lunch stops tucked away, that on your own you might might find by mistake once and then never again. Carrying my clothes for 5 days was not a challenge, being reasonably fit certainly added to my enjoyment. Would I do it again? The answer is a resounding YES. Money well spent for a great skiing holiday.”
Jane Laidlaw, Feb ’12 on The Dolomites Ski Safari
★★★★★ “This is a fantastic opportunity to never ski the same run twice, to be guided by an expert not only on the slopes but on the ‘watering holes’ too! To be the only people at the top in the morning is a real treat and skiing with a small pack seemed to make no difference, much to my surprise! All I would say is it is worth getting fit before you go. I thoroughly recommend this wonderful original ski holiday.”
Lavinia Shaw-Brown, Feb ’13 on The Dolomites Ski Safari
Dolomities Ski Safari FAQ’s
- I don’t normally ski with a back pack. That’s ok. As long as you’re fit, the additional weight makes little difference. We provide you with a suggested pack list and as long as you take the advice you will hardly notice the weight. How you deal with the back pack on the ski lift is personal preference. Most people keep the pack on but some prefer to slide them around their shoulders and place the pack on their knees. It’s whatever is most comfortable and safe for you. The lift company advise that you remove the pack. Our back packs are carefully chosen and especially designed for skiers. You get to keep the pack after your Dolomites Ski Safari. You are only required to ski with your back pack for four nights/five days.
- What about my main luggage? Your luggage is left at the base hotel ready for your return. We do not transport the luggage Rifugio to Rifugio, for a variety of reasons mainly, the great distances we cover, the complex logistics and entrusting your luggage via taxi and multiple chair lifts is rather hazardous!
- Do the Rifugio have wifi? All Rifugio have WIFI. so posting your pics to Facebook won’t be a problem.
- I’m a vegetarian … Let us know in advance and we’ll let the Rifugi know, so that you won’t be eating cheese omelette every night! Vegetarian options are usually, pasta or polenta based. If you are vegan, gluten free or have nut allergies, you will struggle. The kitchens in the Rifugi produce some excellent culinary experiences, but they are often limited in what they can offer! Remember, you are staying on the very top of a mountain!
- What happens if you can’t get to the Rifugio? The main threat to a Dolomites Ski Safari is strong wind. These can cause chair lift connections to close. Although we have encountered this on a number of occasions, we’ve never failed yet to get to our destination! In the 2015/16 season, major snow storms meant we had to reroute and spend two nights in one Rifugio. Eventually, we decided to call the helicopter to get us out!
- What happens if someone gets lost? It’s never happened yet, but it will! We brief each group on safety and operational protocol before departure, which is probably why we’ve always successfully counted them all out, and back again! In the event mobile/cell phone coverage in the Dolomites is superb!
- Coffee/Comfort Stops – non-lunch stops are minimal. There are three scheduled coffee stops throughout the week. Day 1 for the briefing. Day 2 for the view. Day 4 to gather the group after a free skiing section. Other than this, we only stop for lunch! Most of the lift stations are equipped with toilets. However, some groups wish to stop more regularly, and so long as the group is happy, then we are here to show you the very best hot chocolate stops!
- Accommodation – Rifugi tend to sell beds, rather than rooms. Because we pre-book our rooms well in advance, most couples get their own private rooms with en suite. However, we are unable to guarantee this. It is most likely that you will, at some point, have to share with other members of your group – read ‘On a Ski Safari in the Dolomites’, by Christian Wolmar, published in The Times.
- Which are the best airports for the Dolomites? Innsbruck! Yes, fly to Austria, ski in Italy! The transfer from Innsbruck to your Ski Safari base hotel is no more than 90mins in normal traffic. Next best option is Verona at around 2hrs transfer and then Venice, Bergamo and Munich Airports. Transfer costs are based upon 4 people sharing.
- Off Piste – we don’t do ‘off piste’! The Inspired ITALY Dolomite Ski Safari is an ‘on-piste’ ski tour. Some clients do choose to test out the off piste conditions when circumstances allow, but this is done entirely at their own risk. If you wish to ski off piste we advise that you first familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations in Italy for off piste skiing.
- Can I come on a snowboard? – The nature of the Inspired ITALY Dolomites Ski Safari makes it difficult to mix skiers with snowboarders. If you are a group of snowboarders, then do contact us!I
- Am I protected? – Inspired ITALY Ltd is bonded by the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited which provides financial protection under the Package Travel,Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for Inspired ITALY Ltd. and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following – non-flight packages commencing in and returning to the UK; non-flight packages commencing and returning to a country other than the UK
Price per person includes ...
- 7 Nights, comprising …
- 3 Nights B&B in Base Hotel
- 4 Nights Half Board x 4 Rifugio
- 6 Full Ski Days
- Airport Transfers from Innsbruck
- Based on 4 people
- Equipment Hire – Skis, Boots, Poles
- 6 Day Full Area Ski Pass
- All Ski Safari Transfers
- Dedicated English Ski Safari Leader
- Ski Safari Back-Pack .. (to keep)
- Maps & Detailed Itinerary etc.
- Small Groups – Max 7 per group
- 250k Journey through The Dolomite Mountains
- 35,000 Vertical Meters
- Never Ski the Same Piste Twice
- A Fresh Piste Every Morning
- Exclusive Private Group OPTION
- Fine Dining
- The Hidden Valley
- Marmolada Ski Mornings
- Finnish Sauna
- 3 World Cup Pistes
- All On-Piste/Groomed Trails Skiing
- No Obligatory Black Runs – But plenty for those that want them!
❄ Price excludes flights, dinners in the base hotel (3 nights), lunches and wine ❄
A discount applies to guests providing their own ski equipment.
Excludes insurance, you MUST provide your own insurance.
Prices may vary according to high/low season and to exchange rate fluctuation. Subject to availability and weather.
Contact us for prices on smaller or private and exclusive group Dolomites Ski Safaris.